The aim of the Aerospace Engineering Workshop is to bring academics and scholars together in order to provide a platform to:
- Connect research managers and academics between the RENKEI universities, specifically the organising institutions of Bristol, Nagoya and Southampton
- Develop and grow relations established in 2013 at the RENKEI first aerospace workshop
- Future project collaborations and joint industry-facing academic research
- Steer academic research to be relevant to the needs of aerospace manufacturers
- Support skills development
The dates are as follow: 14th- 18th March 2016
Structure and Approach:
Appropriate guest speakers will be invited to give presentations on specific areas related to the theme of the workshop. The presentations will provide background as well as appropriate questions aimed at provoking discussion and opening opportunities for further collaboration.
Applicants must be a Senior Researcher or a Research Manager with proven expertise in the area of Aerospace University/Industry partnerships of one of the 12 participating universities.
Split of workshop topics:
University of Southampton will focus on aerodynamics and aircraft noise. University of Bristol will focus attention on structures and composites.
Appropriate site visits will be arranged for the participants including the Southampton University Technology Centres and Bristol’s National Composite Centre, as well as appropriate manufacturing companies in the region.
University of Southampton Prof. Mark Spearing Provost and Pro Vice-Chancellor (International)
And University of Bristol, Prof. Nishan Canagarajah and Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research) will be delighted to provide formal welcome and hospitality to our guests.